Freitag, 8. Mai 2009

Dead Mechanical - Medium Noise

This gem hasn't left my cd player since I got it. I keep hearing people making Jawbreaker comparisons, but Dead Mechanical have more in common musically with early Stiff Little Fingers (I can't help but think of "Suspect Device" when I hear that guitar riff in the excellent ironicall-to-arms "Guantanamo Calling") and the like. Jangly, pointy guitar work, rumbling bass, and tight-as-churchshoes drumming blessed by turntaking singers. Lucas Carscadden (guitar) sings on most of the record, and his abrasive yelling-even-when-whispering voice suits the music perfectly. But as much as I like his songs, it's the few sung by drummer Matt Dorsey that I keep repeating once or twice before moving on to the next track. His voice reminds me of early Jazz June singles from back when emo wasn't a store at the mall. You just can't listen to a song like "Messy Apartment" or "Information In" and not be singing the chorus for the rest of the day. Everything about this disc fits...the dirty-loud production, the lyrics, even the artwork. Don't walk, run!!!


Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2zmy0mttynk

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen